ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
The prime motto of the ED Cell of VIMS is to create a platform for entrepreneur aspirants, identify the prospects and to explore new ideas, making them aware of the opportunities available in the market and satisfy needs of the market and thereby fulfilling the entrepreneurial aspirations of youth in India.
The main purpose of the ED cell is to train, motivate and focus on developing entrepreneurial sprit of the students.
• To inculcate the entrepreneurial culture in the minds of youth and to identify innovative business ideas.
• To conduct Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps and Entrepreneurship Development Programs, for the students of VIMS as well as the student youth in neighborhood.
• To facilitate the process of starting enterprises of their own right from Business Identification, Market Survey and
preparation of Project Reports.
Transforming the entrepreneurial aspirants of India to become successful entrepreneurs.
1. Establishing fullfledged ED Cell with the support of External Agencies.
2. Establishing archives for investment projects and provide technical guidance.
3. Setting up Business Incubation Centre.
1. “Young Entrepreneurs Conclave” ( YECON) .
2. “Idea Box” – Business Plan Contest.
3. “Own Boss” – One Day Entrepreneur.
4. Social Media Advertising: Awareness Program for Startups.
5. Business Quiz Competition.
6. Guest Lecture on New Business Model.
Organization Structure of EDC
Chief advisor: Dr.A.Valarmathi,Director, VIMS
1. Dr.N.Sundarapndiyan, Professor & HOD, VIMS
2. Mr. S.Anburajan, Chairman, TANSTIA-FNF-SERVICE CENTRE, Chennai
3. Dr K Suresh Kumar, Executive Director, PSG- STEP, Coimbatore
4. Mrs.Sudha Purushotaman, Vice President, Women Business Enterprises Development Association (WOBEDA), Coimbatore
Faculty Coordinator: Dr.S.Umamaheswari,Associate Professor, VIMS.
1. Kavi Archana.c
2. Muhammed siyad.V.P
Entrepreneurs Council of India: VIMS NEDC Accredited Certificate Click Here